Feb 21, 2008

2008 Shimano Winter Series


This season has started out good and quickly took a turn for the worse! I was trying to get a new bike for the Winter series! That way I would have four or five races to get used to it and I would be well prepared for the Nationals! It never works out as planned_ I ended up racing the first Shimano Winter Series race on my clapped out Ironhorse that you all have seen for the past three years! Surprisingly I took a third at the pre- season opener! With the Winter Series races every two weeks I was still trying to get a new bike! I finally placed an order with Avent/Bombshell and got myself a 08 Vandal!
I built my bike just in time for round two of the Shi
mano Winter Series! Built her up thursday night. Rode Anderson on friday so I could feel her out on a home trail. I made some adjustments and off to good ol Fontana for some winter racing! The bike actually works well! From going from a 4 link to single pivot I was impressed! 
The Avent Vandal corners great and hardly any pedal bob! Practice day on 
saturday was so fun! Brand new bike great tacky dirt! What more could you ask for_ ok, winning lotto and some beautiful women would of completed it but other than that I was a happy camper!

The second round of  the Shimano Series brought me a 4th place on the new steed!  I was pretty stoked to place that well in a decent field on my new bike! I only had two days on it and less then six hours of actual saddle time! 

No comments: