Feb 25, 2008

Shimano Winter Series #4



This weekend was really fun! I’m a little disappointed with my time and result but over all it was a real fun weekend of racing!
Saturday was awesome, we had some great weather. In the morning the sun came out for a little bit and made practice nice
and comfortable. I was riding my friend Josh’s Intense Uzzi VPX due to some mechanical issues I've had over the past two weeks with my bikes!


Needless to say It is a little different than my Avent Vandal and far from my old Ironhorse but thankfully I was able to use it this weekend and until I get my bikes figured out! The course was pretty awesome. Southridge finally ran the course down the rock section closest to the road. There were some fun g-outs and a couple speed trap sections. We all new that the course was going to be a whole different story on race day thou! Practice was still good for memorizing the course and getting adjusted to the bike I was about to race this weekend! hehehe

Saturday Night the rain started to come down, but just a light consistent mist if you will! We camped it and the rain made it’s way into the tent! Soaked my pillow and limited the room that I had to roll around in my sleeping bag. It was pretty funny!

Sunday Morning rolls around and it’s wet! Practice was real fun thou for how greasy the conditions were on the course. I just took two practice runs and hung out till my race run since I was soaked in mud! In my race run I blew out one of the turns up top and had to dab and pedal a little more to get back up to speed and found myself starting to feel gassed out! I had not even made the half way point yet! lol

I hit the rock section really good and started making my way to the last section which is an excruciating pedal if you’ve never been to fontana before! After the last little rock garden I put my head down and just tried to hammer my way to the finish! Needless to say I was Extremely gassed out and just didn't have enough for the podium! I ended up placing 6th with plenty of room for improvement!

I need to get back on my bike and start riding everyday again! See ya in two weeks racers.....

Thanks for the photos Shannon Weir.

No comments: