Apr 3, 2008

National Mountain Bike Series presented by Maxxis Round#1



The first round of the National Mountain Bike Series presented by Maxxis was held March 27th-30th
in Fontana, California. The weather was surprisingly good! Unlike last year_it was a scorcher! With a
little bit of cloud coverage we couldn’t complain. The downhill was internationally represented with
world cup riders from New Zealand, Australia, Spain and the UK joining the US racers making it quite
a competitive event. Donny from Southridge did a real good job with the course design. He added
more turns and challenging rock sections to compliment the “Wall”, a long, flat, vomit inducing
pedaling section! My practice runs were really fun! It took a while to find flow in the course due to
technical rocks sections. Everything was working out for me until sunday race day. I had an over the bar
crash in my first practice run which resulted in a bent derailleur and sprained wrist! I never found a
replacement derailleur so I had to bend it back as best I could! I ended up placing 14th out of 40 with some
shifting problems and just lack of fitness! I was seven seconds off the leader and most of that was shifting
so I feel a little better knowing I could of had a faster run with all my gears!

In My California Golden State Cup race I ended up Placing 4th out of 7 racers! Not to many people hung
out for that race considering it was the same day immediately following the National race! I was three
seconds slower on that run than my National race run which was already bad. That’s racing thou

It was a great wknd thou! It was really good to see everyone......

Big Thanks to Big Ring Cyclery, VitaminWater, EVS, THE, Dragon, 661/Royal/Sunline, Straitline

No comments: