Apr 30, 2008

2008 Cal State round 2






Round two of the Cal-State series was held at Woodward West in Tehachapi Ca. This was the first time I had been
to woodward. The course was short with some tricky flat corners and a few jumps. The course seemed to fit my
style of riding which is real flowy. Saturday was fun. I got a whole day of practice in and felt confident on the
course. I wanted to get a good result after my crash at the Sea Otter Classic the week before, so I was working
pretty hard.This race was a two run/ combined time format. Which means you race two times and they combine
both times for the final total time and who ever has the fastest time wins. It’s tough_You have to bang out two
solid runs. No mistakes. My first run felt pretty good and ended up being the fastest time out of everyone. I only
beat Amado(2nd fastest time) by a second and I know he can beat me just like anyone else on any given day so
there was a little pressure for the second run. I wanted to pin it a little harder on my second run and hope I would
stay in the top five. I ended up only going a second faster in my 2nd run but it was good enough for 1st place! I
had the fastest time in both runs. I never would of expected it but it sure helped the confidence after my crash at
the Sea Otter Classic!

No comments: